Sculptra can be used to help restore your natural fullness. Book an appointment or consultation to learn more.
What is Sculptra Aesthetic?
Sculptra is an injectable that works deep within the dermis to help replace lost collagen and gradually restore the look of fullness to areas of the face and body. Sculptra is made from poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a biocompatible synthetic substance that stimulates collagen production. Sculptra provides a gradual increase in skin thickness and collagen production, which results in smoother skin and fuller volume over time.
How Does Sculptra Aesthetic Work?
The main ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), which acts as a collagen stimulator, and works with your body within the deep dermis to help revitalize collagen production and restore your skin’s inner structure and volume. When Sculptra is injected into the face or body, the PLLA micro-particles are absorbed, helping stimulate collagen production. Rebuilt collagen strands begin to gradually restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds. This results in a softer and more youthful appearance.
What Does Scupltra Aesthetic Treat?
The areas most commonly treated with Sculptra include: temples, mid-cheek region and the lower face for hollowing, depressions, fine lines and jowling. Sculptra can be evenly distributed in all of these areas or focused injections can be performed in specific target regions.
- Discontinue blood thinning products (ASA, ibuprofen, supplements) 1 week prior to treatment.
- Numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area 30 minutes prior to the procedure
- Expect redness, tenderness, swelling, and bruising
- Apply ice for any post-treatment discomfort
- Thoroughly massage the treated area in a circular fashion for 5 minutes, 5 times/day, for 5 days after each treatment
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours
- In-depth post-treatment handout will be given the day of procedure
Who Is a Candidate for Scultpra Aesthetic?
Most people are great candidates for sculptra. However, it is not recommended for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is also advised to postpone your Sculptra treatment if you are sick, currently on antibiotics, and if you have had a recent or upcoming dental procedure or vaccination.