A treatment so easy, fast and effective, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it years ago! Book an appointment or consultation to learn more.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a convenient, noninvasive method for permanently reducing or removing unwanted facial or body hair. It leaves the skin looking smoother and silkier than waxing, electrolysis or razors and is a gentle technique that can treat larger areas effectively with minimal discomfort and with no downtime.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal works by sending light at a specific wavelength that targets melanin, the pigment that colors hair, at a depth sufficient to act on the hair bulb. The intended outcome, hair removal, results from thermal injury to the hair bulb produced when the energy in the light is absorbed by the pigment located there.
What Does Laser Hair Removal Treat?
Laser hair removal reduces or permanently removes darker hair from anywhere on the body.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and/or artificial tanning products for at 2-4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue photosensitizing topical products (retinol, glycolyic, etc.) 1 week prior to treatment.
- Numbing cream is optional
- Minimal to no downtime is expected and you may resume normal skincare routine the next day
- Apply ice until sunburned sensation has deceased
- Hair thickness and growth will decline over the next few weeks, until completely gone
- In-depth post-treatment handout will be given the day of procedure
Who Is a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Almost everyone! Synerchi has one of the most elite laser hair removal devices that is able to treat all skin types. However, it is not recommended for blond or red hair. In addition, it is not recommended if you have used Accutane within the past year, have had direct sun exposure within the last 2-4 weeks, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.