Synerchi offers two different radiofrequency microneedling devices: Morpheus 8 and Potenza. Book an appointment or consultation to learn more.
What Is Microneedling with Radiofrequency?
Microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) is a minimally invasive skin treatment used to reduce the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles, scarring, and sagging skin. The addition of RF energy to the microneedling procedure helps to further stimulate the body’s natural collagen and healing processes, creating younger, tighter, and healthier looking skin.
How Does Microneedling with Radiofrequency Work?
The penetration of the microneedles into the skin triggers the wound healing cascade and leads to a release of growth factors, encouraging collagen production. The added technology of flow needles deliver the radiofrequency heat energy deeper into the dermis, which not only stimulates additional collagen growth but tissue tightening as well.
What Does Microneedling with radiofrequency Treat?
The goal of microneedling with RF is to target skin imperfections while generating new collagen and elastin. It also improves multiple types of skin conditions including: scarring, enlarged pores, reduced skin elasticity, fine lines/wrinkles, and stretch marks. It works especially well on tightening lower face and neck laxity.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and/or artificial tanning products for at 2-4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue photosensitizing topical products (retinol, glycolic, etc.) 1 week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue blood thinning products (ASA, ibuprofen, supplements) 1 week prior to treatment.
- Numbing cream will be applied to treatment area 45 minutes prior to procedure
- Minimal downtime is expected for 1-3 days, which will include mild-moderate redness, swelling, and dry skin.
- Apply ice if any discomfort is noted post-treatment
- Use a mild cleanser or moisturizer for 3-4 days, then may resume usual skin care routine
- In-depth post-treatment handout will be given the day of procedure
Who Is a Candidate for Microneedling with Radiofrequency?
Microneedling with radiofrequency can be used on all skin types. However, it is not recommended if you’ve used Accutane within the past year, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any type of implantable device.